• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trigger Bamboo Plan based on Commit message in Bitbucket Edited

Hey guys, thanks for the help.

I have 2 plans.

1st plan is triggered by any commits to my development branch. It checks for changes and changes version numbers in a version file and then commits the new version numbers back up to Bitbucket.

2nd plan checks out all the code (including new version number file) and builds and deploys my code bundle.

I have the first plan set to trigger on any commit EXCEPT commits that contain "[ci]" in the commit message, which is what I use to commit the version number changes. This is to prevent infinite looping. This is using Plan Config -> Repositories -> "Change Detection Options" -> "Exclude Changesets" -> with the regex .*\[ci\].*

I want the second plan to trigger only when commits to the same repo CONTAIN "[ci]" in the commit message (ex: "[ci] revving version numbers"). Note, I can't do this all in one Plan because then the re-checkout uses the initially checked commit hashes, not the updated one. And I can't use Plan dependencies to trigger the second build because it also will use the same commit hashes as first plan. I tried using the negative/inverse regex in the "Exclude Changesets" section by writing .*\[ci\].*\n     but this also does not work.

As it is right now, my second plan gets triggered twice, once on the normal commit to the dev branch, and again, when my first plan commits to dev branch. I need it to only trigger that second time.

I have seen people mention inverse regex, but I tried this and it does not work.

I have seen people recommend Script Runner, but I'd prefer to avoid buying extra licenses if possible. Has anyone else had success with this plugin though? If so, maybe I will look into it again if we can't solve this another way.

Please advise. Cheers

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

980 views 4 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you