The build has failed to check out the source code

Raj K May 15, 2018

Sometimes, Bamboo is throwing this weird error. Even when the connection to the repo is proper.

The build has failed to check out the source code: Plugin com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-bitbucket:bbCloud not available

Can someone assist me in this.

---Raj

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2018

Suspect that the remote agent fail to start successfully.

Is the problem only happens to Windows Remote Agent?

Sometimes, when Windows Remote Agent is restarted, the file somehow is still locked by the old process causing it fail to start up correctly. There will be error in the remote agent log during startup.

Try restarting the machine that have problem to release the locked files and then start the remote agent again.

Raj K May 18, 2018

Hi,

We have Mac remote agent and it fails sometimes. It picks up repo sometimes.

We felt really weird about this.

Would you kindly guide me in this.

---Raj

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2018

Does it fail with the same error or the Mac agent does not pick up any build sometimes?

If the Mac agent does not pick any build, the Mac machine might have entered Sleep Mode. Run the following command to check if it has entered Sleep Mode:

pmset -g log|grep -e " Sleep  " -e " Wake  " > sleep_log.txt

Sleep mode need to be removed from the Mac machine that host the agent.

Raj K May 18, 2018

Hi,

It fails with the same error message like this :

The build has failed to check out the source code: Plugin com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-bitbucket:bbCloud not available

Mac agent is always running via daemon process.

Mac machine has been caffeinated so it never sleeps.

---Raj

Foong
Atlassian Team
May 18, 2018

Is there any error in the remote agent log during startup?

Check what is the java version used in atlassian-bamboo-agent.log, ex:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2018/05/18 21:49:22 | 2018-05-18 21:49:22,099 INFO [WrapperSimpleAppMain] [AgentBootstrap] Starting Agent Bootstrap using Java 1.8.0_73 from Oracle Corporation. Default charset: UTF-8, file name encoding: UTF-8

Bamboo version 5.10.0 - 6.5.0 need Java 1.8 to start remote agent.

Raj K May 22, 2018

It uses the proper Java version as you mentioned.

The error that I got is

INFO   | jvm 2    | 2018/05/21 01:12:17 | ERROR: Bundle com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.atlassian-bamboo-plugin-clover [18] Unable to get module class path. (java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to open JAR file

Foong
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2018

From the error, it seems that some files are corrupted.

Try deleting the following directory and restart the agent:

• /path/to/agent/home/caches
  • /path/to/agent/home/classpath
Raj K May 28, 2018

I did it. I seems, Bamboo agent is able to pick up the repo properly.

Thanks a lot !. It was indeed a great assistance.

Would you kindly tell me how to see the live logs of the agent on the terminal of Mac OSX. 

Something like ./bamboo-agent.sh console

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events