Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Java 11?

Helen April 17, 2019

Is there anything offical regarding when Bamboo will support Java 11? 

I'm aware of this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Agile-articles/Java-11-OpenJDK-support-update-for-Server-and-Data-Center/ba-p/967836 but that was published back in December.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2019

Hello @Helen,

Currently, our position is stated in this answer in another community post. In short, we are still not there yet, and you can follow this suggestion BAM-20031 to keep track of our support for Java 11.

In other hand, we are keen to listen to our users and I may ask you: What are your plans of adoption of Java 11? If you don't want to share this details publicly, you can contact me directly at vdebone@atlassian.com.

Victor 

Helen April 30, 2019

Thanks Victor. Given what's happening with Java 8, we're moving towards Java 11 pretty much ASAP. The preference is to have a single versionof Java across all installations, hence my question; I was hoping that there would be an update on the timeline for Bamboo's adoption of it. 

Cheers,

Helen

mahfoudh yosser April 2, 2020
  • @Victor Debone  Hi , is Bamboo support jdk openjdk11? is there any  updates ?
0 votes
ankit mishra April 24, 2021
  • ;kk
0 votes
mahfoudh yosser April 2, 2020

is Bamboo support jdk open JDK 11 ? 

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2020

Hey @mahfoudh yosser ,

We are so close to supporting it in one of our upcoming releases. Please follow this BAM-20031 for updates.

Cheers,
Jey

Novicsa July 13, 2020

Hi Jeyanthan,

Thanks for your information.

It is now July 13th, 2020 and still there is no release of Bamboo supporting Java 11. Also the product does not support PostgresSQL 11.

It really looks so behind the development and attention one can see in other products.

Is it Bamboo in some road to discontinue the product?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events