Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop (dev) Bamboo instance from reporting build results to bitbucket

Gordon Churchill March 27, 2024

I have a dev instance of Bamboo being stood up to test backups from prod Bamboo and to test updates to the Bamboo application that will eventually go on prod. We have a ton of repos in Bitbucket so a dev instance of Bitbucket that stays in sync with the primary isn't practical at present. I'd like to be able to point to the singular instance of Bitbucket from dev Bamboo for repos, while not have dev report build results at all. Dev builds pollute the results other teams are looking at in Bitbucket, and then I have to field questions of why this or that isn't what was expected, etc. We're allowed a second instance on Bamboo licenses for just such a dev instance, so I'm hoping this is a common problem others have already fielded. 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Anik Sengupta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2024

Hi Gordon,

Looks like you are looking to stop Bamboo dev from sending build details to bitbucket.

To achieve this you can add the following property in the JVM options to the JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS variable, steps on how to do this in Java setting properties- https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/configuring-bamboo-on-start-up-289277345.html

This property will prevent Bamboo from sending any build status update notifications to the Bitbucket server.

-Dbamboo.stash.disable.build.status.updates=true

Best Regards,

Anik Sengupta

*please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered*

Gordon Churchill March 29, 2024

This is great. I didn't find this during search because it was under the old "stash" name, which I should have remembered. Thanks very much!

Like Anik Sengupta likes this
Anik Sengupta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2024

You are welcome @Gordon Churchill 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events