Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specifying the source code revision to build

emddudley September 13, 2011

What is the proper way to configure plans in Bamboo when you wish to build specific source code revisions? I have a custom task plugin which lets me specify whether to build the latest code or takes an argument for a specific revision.

Should I create a "master plan" which always builds the latest source code, and then duplicate it whenever I want to have a plan that builds a specific revision? I would change the custom task plugin's revision parameter for each duplicated plan.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2011

You don't really need a custom task for this, I think. You could create a script task that takes a parameter that is defined as a Bamboo variable. The script task would just update the directory to the specified revision, e.g. for Subversion that would be: svn up -r $1 . You can then run the build as a paramterised build and override the variable any time you want, or clone the plan aroudn and override the variable per plan.

emddudley September 13, 2011

Parameterized builds sound like what I need, thanks.

We are currently using scripts while the plugin is being developed. We want to provide a simple GUI for a variety of Perforce tasks (like syncing, checking out files, and branching) without forcing the user to read the command line documentation. A custom task GUI is just easier and safer for non-admins to use.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events