Setting up Path in Bamboo

Joshua Hulst July 31, 2014

We're using Boxen (on OS X) for our build server setup but are having a hard time getting Bamboo to pick up the binaries it provides. Boxen provides a script that is to be sourced which adds the appropriate directories to the path but Bamboo won't pick those up. We've tried source the environment script in /etc/profile as well as ~/.profile but nothing seems to work.

What needs to be done to add the directories to Bamboo's path?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Hulst August 3, 2014

I wanted to setup the PATH for the entire machine, not just a single job. We use a configuration management tool which places our development tools in a specific location for all machines and wanted to make sure of the commonality for multiple projects too.

The struggle I had was that Bamboo was being started by launchd so none of the Bamboo user scripts were running (.bashrc, .profile, .bash_profile). Once I started editing the launch script in /Library/LaunchDaemons I was able to get it to work (although I did have to switch from /bin/sh to /bin/bash to get the Boxen environment script to source correctly)

2 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2014

You can add them at runtime as an Environment variable. PATH=%PATH%;/home/...; You'll probably end up doing this at some point anyway to accomodate builds that use different paths (unless you're in a single application environment).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events