Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Bamboo as a service on Windows

fyndor March 17, 2014

Having issues installing Bamboo as a service. JIRA install just worked, Stash was slightly painful until I figured out I needed to change a port in the config. When I got to Bamboo I figured I would at worst just have to repeat the Stash process but I can't figure it out. I can run Bamboo as a console app just fine, but after installing it as a service it will not start. I can't find the log at the moment, but I found a log entry last night that made mention of not being a valid Win32 application when I tried to start the service.

Has anyone had problems being able to start Bamboo as a console app but not a service on Windows? How did you solve it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
fyndor March 18, 2014

I got it running. I had to alter the service installer batch script to get it to run.

In service.bat i changed line 136 to read:

set "PR_JVM=%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll"

I think my JAVA_HOME, aka jdk install, is 64 bit, but my jre install is 32 bit. The odd thing is that the comment for the line i changed mentioned it was using JAVA_HOME when it was instead using the JRE_HOME variable. It seems to me either the comment in there is wrong or the line itself is wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events