Setting Bamboo build plan result from script variable

anwar ul hasan November 25, 2019

I am using JUNIT parser and want to set the build result to pass if more than 90% of the test cases have passed and fail it if the test case passed are less than 90%.

to achieve this i can use the Final task which will execute in all cases. How do it set the build result from the script task that I'll add to Final Task.

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

If Script task returns non zero exit code then Bamboo fill fail job. 

anwar ul hasan November 25, 2019

I want to set the build result from a script task. I understand that the build will pass or fail based on the exit code of script task, but that's not the problem here.

I just want to set the build state from script task to SUCCESS.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 25, 2019

Nothing outside of build can't set its state (unless supported by plugin).

In your case I'd suggest to analyze test XML results in script task and depending on amount of failed cases exit with 0 or 1

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
November 25, 2019

If you use Junit test parser task then build will fail if there's at least 1 failed test

anwar ul hasan November 26, 2019

I read on a forum somewhere that it's possible using REST API curl command, is it?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
November 26, 2019

I'm not aware of any REST call to achieve it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events