Set variable/metadata from bash/batch script possible ?

Mihai Marinescu May 1, 2016

Hi,

I know that Bamboo variables from a build plan can be accessed in bash but can i also set them ? I need to set a variable or metadata that would be saved with the build and can be retrieved with REST API afterwards if needed ? Is that possible if so how ?

/donnib

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

Only indirectly (and partially), i.e. there is no REST API for management of Bamboo variables - please watch/vote/comment on the following issues to raise awareness for this surprising limitation:

That being said, you can at least use the Script task to write the variables to a properties file, which can be injected via a subsequent Variables task afterwards:

Mihai Marinescu May 2, 2016

@Steffen Opel [Utoolity] thanks but it does not solve my problem. I did find the Inject variables but when i don't have REST endpoint to get the variables then i can't solve my problem sad

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

@Mihai Marinescu - yeah, I understand and can feel your pain. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to do anything about this, which is why I referenced the related Atlassian issue.

Of course, depending on how important this is for your use case, you can always develop your own Bamboo add-on to implement a REST endpoint that exposes the desired variables (in case, I'd recommend to support variable namespaces and/or password masking so that you do not expose possibly sensitive information like passwords by default). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events