Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script task to list the repositories and their revision during build

D K February 14, 2017

I want to write a script task that will output a file with all the Git repositories used by the build and the revision/commit it is building.

Basically, I'd like to write the Bamboo Build result summary page to a file and store this file in the build artifact zip.

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2017

Hello D K,

If you are running the Source Code Checkout task, Bamboo will have information about your repository. That said, you can make use of Bamboo Variables in a Script task, sending them to a file:

echo ${bamboo.repository.svn.repositoryUrl} >> file.txt
echo ${bamboo.repository.revision.number} >> file.txt

You can list all environment variables available to the build by running the following on a Script task:

# Windows
set

# Linux/MacOS
env

Please, refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bamboo+variables for more information.

Kind regards,

Rafael

D K February 16, 2017

Hi,

In my case it is a Bamboo Plan made up of 30+ Git repos with 30+ Jobs. A Job to build each repo.

There doesn't seem to be any Bamboo variable to get the Jobs Git repo and Git commit.

I know there is the property ${bamboo.planRepository.<position>.revision} but what happens if a repo is added/removed. Won't the position change?

Is there anything like ${bamboo.jobTaskRepository.name} and  ${bamboo.jobTaskRepository.revision}  and ${bamboo.jobTaskRepository.branchName}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events