Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script task doesn't run .exe file

tym3k May 7, 2020

Hello,

I have a problem with a Bamboo task. I use the script task with configuration:

Interpreter - Shell

Script location - Inline

And all I need is to run a test executable. The exact same configuration used to work for other projects, but now it's not. When the script runs the .exe file, nothing happens, it is not run, or at least there is no output. The .exe file should output the progress of tests.

When I add other commands to the script, they work fine as they should, only the .exe file is not executed.

Can anyone help me please?

1 answer

0 votes
Lasse Langhorn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2020

Hi @tym3k,

You should verify that the Bamboo agent executing the .exe file is capable of running the file.

Is it a Windows OS or Linux OS with wine and are the permissions OK for the .exe file in order to be executed. These questions should be investigated.

Hope this will get you further.

Regards

Lasse Langhorn

tym3k May 8, 2020

Thank you for the answer! The OS is Windows and I checked the permissions, they are correct. There is another agent, which can run the executable, but is not feasible for other reasons. So I think that the agent I want to use is missing something. Is there a way to see what the error is, or what the executable shows when it is run? Normally, the exe should output lots of information, but now it's not showing anything, so I think that it either doesn't run at all, or gives an error.

Rakesh verma February 2, 2023

i am encountering similar issue. Script task is not running my .exe and failing build after sometime with error : 

02-Feb-2023 09:03:49D:\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\SSE-RAN-JOB1\WebAutoProj\bin\Debug>WebAutoProj.exe02-Feb-2023 09:13:51Force Stop build feature is enabled for current plan. Either Bamboo has detected the build has hung or it has been manually stopped.

Please can someone help me with this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events