Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled plans are not triggering after upgrade to 6.10.2

Simon Hooper October 6, 2019

Hi since upgrading (6.10.2), we have noted that our weekly builds are not triggering.

We have approx 50 builds that are scheduled to run weekly each Sunday at 2am. Since upgrading we noted that these triggers are not firing.

Each build has 2 triggers

• "Bitbucket Server repository triggered"
  • "Scheduled"

As part of the upgrade testing we fired them of manually and they run through to completion perfectly. We have also tested the Bitbucket server repository triggers. This are working also.

Not sure why but for the last 2 Sundays they have not triggered. I have not seen `System Errors` reported. What are my next steps to trouble shoot?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2019

Hi @Simon Hooper,

Have you looked in the looked at the atlassian-bamboo.log file in the 'logs' folder within the Bamboo_Home directory on your Bamboo server?  Specifically around the 2am time frame to see if any errors were reported when trying to run the scheduled trigger?

That would be the first place I would start.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Simon Hooper October 6, 2019

Ok, we think we identified the issue. What happened at exactly 2am this Sunday? Daylight savings.

The server clock switched to 3am on the tick after 1:59:59am thus 2am never happened and the builds could not trigger. This was evident in the log file as the time stamps jumped 2am completely. Many thanks.

I dare say next Sunday will trigger fine.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2019

Hey Simon,

I'm glad you found a good lead on the answer.  To avoid that in the future is is possible to change the schedule time to either 1am or 3am?

-Jimmy

Simon Hooper October 8, 2019

I have put this recommendation to the team who owns these plans. Many thanks.

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events