Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save an encrypted variable without the using the words: "password", "passphrase", "secret", "sshkey"

Maik April 30, 2020

Hello :), I would like to know if there's a way to store an encrypted global variable in bamboo without using those keywords.

I saw there's a tool called Bamboo Specs encryption. I tried to paste the generated value (example:BAMSCRT@0@0@8fboRi5VzUTdnexYVmtNeg== ) into the variable and then use it in the pipeline. But the problem is that I don't know how to decrypt it yet :(. Is it even possible??

Thanks in advance :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2020

Hi @Maik,

From everything I have seen and done, Bamboo Specs encryption expects one of the keywords: password, secret, etc. to be a part of the variable name in order to know that it should attempt to decrypt the variable.

Sorry I can't offer more positive news for you.

-Jimmy

Maik April 30, 2020

:( No worries @Jimmy Seddon . Thanks for your fast response. If there's really no way to achieve this I will accept your answer to end the thread.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events