Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCP upload task successful, but no file on remote host

eyequestionold March 12, 2018

Hi,

I'm using the bamboo SCP task to upload an artifact to a remote host.

After trying a bit and fixing all the file not found and Is directory like issues. I finally got it to work. At least that is what bamboo is telling me:

12-Mar-2018 12:36:44 Starting task 'Upload Artifact to FTP' of type 'com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bamboo-scp-plugin:scptask'
12-Mar-2018 12:36:44 Connecting to MYREMOTE-IPADRESS on port: 22
12-Mar-2018 12:36:44 Uploading 'FILEPATHHERE\Bamboo Home\xml-data\build-dir\163841\XXXXXXX\XXXXXXXX\target\xxx.war' to 'remotefolder'...
12-Mar-2018 12:36:51 'FILEPATHHERE\Bamboo Home\xml-data\build-dir\163841\XXXXXXX\XXXXXXXX\target\xxx.war' was uploaded successfully.
12-Mar-2018 12:36:51 Finished task 'Upload Artifact to FTP' with result: Success

So all seems fine. However, when I look at my remote folder. Nothing is there.
What can I check. Because I solved permission problems, file not found problem, remote directory problems. So I know for a fact that the connection and settings are good. 

Any pointers are welcome.

Using Bamboo 6.3.2

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2018

As the build log says that the upload is successful, is it possible to ssh into that machine using script task in the same plan and then do a dir to that directory to list the uploaded files. This way, you can ensure that the files are listed right after the upload in the same session.

Also, check if you get the same issue when you scp and move your war via script task. I'd try the following.

scp -r ${bamboo.build.working.directory}\*.war user@host:/path/to/whereyouwant/thefile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events