Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running stages selectively (not sequentially) enabled in the what Bamboo release version?

Jaya kumar June 7, 2019

Hello , Running stages selectively (not sequentially) enabled in the what Bamboo release/version please?

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2019

Hi @Jaya kumar,

Just to make sure I understand what you are asking, are you taking about what release of Bamboo provided the ability to skip manual stages?

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11104

If this is correct it would appear this was delieverd in version 5.0+ of Bamboo.

In order to accomplish this when you run your plan if you select the "Run Customized" option, this will allow you to selectively choose which manual stages you would like to run.

I hope that helps.

-James

Jaya kumar June 10, 2019

Hi @Jimmy Seddon , yeah, when I select the "Run Customized" option, this will show 3 stages, but I can not select 2nd stage without selecting 1st stage. Similarly, if I select 3rd stage, automatically selected 1st and 2nd stages which its in disabled mode.

But, I want to select manual stages 1, 2, 3 independently. please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Atlassian Bamboo version 6.8.0 build 60803 - 30 Jan 19

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2019

Hi @Jaya kumar,

I took a closer look at the issue I mentioned and it looks at those what was requested and what was delievered were not the same thing.  BAM-11104 provided the ability to create deployment projects as an option to not require skipping stages.

The Ability to skip manual stages was moved to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-17155

Since this isn't possible at this time.  What are you trying to accomplish?  Maybe we can find an alternative solution for you.

-James

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Jaya kumar June 10, 2019

Hi @Jimmy Seddon ,

My requirement is simple, I have to initiate my automation scripts with 2 different servers. So for that, I need UI to choose which server to run either 1st or 2nd or both servers.

-Jayakumar

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2019

Hi @Jaya kumar,

It sounds like what you are after is indeed a good candidate for using a deployment project with two environments.

Here is some more information on how deployment projects work:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/deployment-projects-338363438.html

I also provided an answer similar to this one over here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/Plan-to-execute-on-the-agent-depending-on-an-input-variable/qaq-p/1100209

Basically, you will setup a deployment project that is linked to your build plan and it will be able to use the artifacts from the build to deploy to which ever deployment environments you tell it to deploy to.  You have the option/flexibility to choose if/when you want to deploy to a given environment.

I hope that helps!

-James

Like Jaya kumar likes this
Jaya kumar June 11, 2019

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon , I will try it and let you know.

Jaya kumar June 25, 2019

Hi @Jimmy Seddon , please update on this.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2019

Hi @Jaya kumar,

Sorry I don't remember seeing a notification about your previous message.  The only thing I can think of that would allow you to accomplish that would be dedicating agents.

If the plan uses a dedicated agent and they both use the same dedicated agent then they won't be able to run in parallel.

The only down side is that you would need to dedicate an agent to these two jobs, so if you can create a new agent local to the Bamboo server you won't consume a remote agent license to accomplish this.

Other than that I'm not sure what else you can do.

I hope that helps!

-James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events