Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Reverse-engineering bamboo.yml

I have been handed a bamboo.yml file from a previous developer, at a time when there was a bamboo server. I now need to translate the bamboo.yml to a manual build process, but I can't see a way to import this file to create a build plan using the local Bamboo installation I have set up.

Is anyone aware of a way to turn a YAML spec into something human-readable?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Share it here maybe it's possible to translate it into Bamboo Specs

I wish I could but it's for a proprietary product so I am prohibited from sharing any of the code, including build scripts :/

I was hoping there is a generalised way of doing this since otherwise what is the point of having export functionality?

It was experimental feature. Our research proved it's not direction Bamboo can support in long run, that's why it was changed to Bamboo Specs approach. 

Then you can create support request and our support engineers might help you

Deleted user Aug 16, 2018

Hi @Alexey Chystoprudov,

you mean the yml-specs are not supposed to be improved anymore, hence advised the use of java-based dsl?

@[deleted], my comment regarding experimental feature was about YAML export functionality added at Bamboo 5.14. In Bamboo 6.0 this approach was changed to Java Bamboo Specs, then in Bamboo 6.2 YAML Specs feature was added.

It has really limited features. We're reviewing feedback from customers to see what features of YAML Specs should be covered in next releases.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

638 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you