Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repository 403

Jon Brace February 22, 2015

I'm failing at the first hurdle with a new install of Bamboo.

I have a Atlassian Stash server running in EC2.  I am trying to add one of the project repo's to my fresh Bamboo (hosted) install, but when the build runs, I get:

<project> : Plan 'COOP-BUIL' could not be started. Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command /usr/bin/git ls-remote http://<user>:<scm host>/scm/cop/source.git failed with code 128. Working directory was [.]., stderr:
[error: The requested URL returned error: 403 while accessinghttp://<user>:********@<scm host>/scm/cop/source.git/info/refs?service=git-upload-pack, fatal: HTTP request failed]

I have:

• Double checked user credentials
  • Ensured that the user has read/write access
  • Cloned the repo from another server using that user

Also, when I click "view error log" I get what seems to be a binary file (see screenshot).

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 11.14.14.png

I'm moving away from our Jenkins CI server to Bamboo because I hoped it would be easier.  But doesn't seem to be at the moment.

Any help gratefully received.

2 answers

0 votes
Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2015

More about error log problem here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12159050.

About repository - do you use local, remote or elastic agent? Also what operating system is server and agent using?

There are two moments when Bamboo needs access to repository. On server for change detection and on agent for actual build. Seeing actual stack trace with error would help diagnosing what's wrong.

One thing you could try - accessing some public git repository (like on github) just to see if that works.

Pawel Skierczynski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2015

Oh I missed 'hosted'. So you must use elastic agent then. Can your agent and server both connect to your Stash server? You can also ask support for help. They have access to server instance so may be able to help you more.

Hi Peter Thanks for your email. I've worked it out. It seems Bamboo can't connect to a Git repo via HTTP on any other port except 80 or 443. Stash by default runs on 7990, so i've setup a reverse proxy to get it to work on 80. I kind of feel I should have spotted this earlier, but hopefully Atlassian can update their documentation on this. Thanks for your help though.

0 votes

I've also set public access to the repo to check to see if the problem is because of credentials and I get the same error.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events