Remove Bamboo Projects

We have been piloting a number of features on OnDemand, and in the process created many short lived JIRA projects which were then deleted. No issues with the default behaviour where deleting the JIRA Project does not delete the Confluence Space nor the Bamboo Project and associated plans if any.

To cleanup these orphans in Confluence, no issue, just delete the space via space admin

How do I perform a Bamboo Project delete to cleanup the corresponding orphans in Bamboo that just cause confusion?

11 answers

1 accepted

Hi, I've helped you on our Support site, but I will answer you here so that other users may find this as well.

This is caused by a Bug in Bamboo OnDemand, where the projects are not deleted when the plans are deleted. To fix this you will need to create a support request to have an Atlassian engineer manually set the delete flag in the database.

Cheers,

Ivan.

I have the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi Mike,

To remove a project please go to administration >> plans >> remove plans.

There you can choose the plans to remove.

If you remove all the plans under a project this project will be also removed.

Regards.

Unfortunately this does not work. I am using OnDemand version

I have many projects without plans where these projects were created in JIRA and then subsequently deleted.

I even tried adding a plan to one of these projects and then deleting the plan.

The plan deletes but not the project

In the on-premesis version, this also doesn't really delete the project.  The project is still there (and accessible if you know the project's URL).

This is still a problem for on-premise installs on the most current version.  What is the ETA on the fix?

I have the same problem with our OnDemand instance. Creating a new project in JIRA results in a project in Bamboo as well. Since few of our projects need Bamboo, I'd like to remove the other ones. But no plans were ever created for these, so there is no delete option. :(

Same problem too. Is a resolution expected soon? Thank for your help.

Do you have an update? We would like to remove onDemand projects in Bamboo as well?

Thanks.

This still seems to be an issue...any updates from Atlassian?

I have the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

We are simply evaluating Bamboo at the moment. Lack of response for over two years makes me wonder if we should be looking at a different product

We have the same problem. Are there any plans to resolve this issue? We have a very cluttered list of projects that are no longer in use.

We can do this from our own Bamboo instance running version 5.9.7

Go to:

• All Deployment Projects
  • Select a project
  • Edit project
  • From the screen with 'add environment' / Edit build plan, etc click the '...' and delete project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,079 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot