Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Bamboo Projects

Mike Love March 29, 2013

We have been piloting a number of features on OnDemand, and in the process created many short lived JIRA projects which were then deleted. No issues with the default behaviour where deleting the JIRA Project does not delete the Confluence Space nor the Bamboo Project and associated plans if any.

To cleanup these orphans in Confluence, no issue, just delete the space via space admin

How do I perform a Bamboo Project delete to cleanup the corresponding orphans in Bamboo that just cause confusion?

11 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2013

Hi, I've helped you on our Support site, but I will answer you here so that other users may find this as well.

This is caused by a Bug in Bamboo OnDemand, where the projects are not deleted when the plans are deleted. To fix this you will need to create a support request to have an Atlassian engineer manually set the delete flag in the database.

Cheers,

Ivan.

2 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Mike,

To remove a project please go to administration >> plans >> remove plans.

There you can choose the plans to remove.

If you remove all the plans under a project this project will be also removed.

Regards.

Mike Love April 2, 2013

Unfortunately this does not work. I am using OnDemand version

I have many projects without plans where these projects were created in JIRA and then subsequently deleted.

I even tried adding a plan to one of these projects and then deleting the plan.

The plan deletes but not the project

jvelapol July 13, 2016

In the on-premesis version, this also doesn't really delete the project.  The project is still there (and accessible if you know the project's URL).

Brian_Krohn November 7, 2017

This is still a problem for on-premise installs on the most current version.  What is the ETA on the fix?

1 vote
HvdPeppel July 25, 2015

I have the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

1 vote
Brad Thurber June 30, 2015

We are simply evaluating Bamboo at the moment. Lack of response for over two years makes me wonder if we should be looking at a different product

0 votes
Rob Stone February 5, 2016

We can do this from our own Bamboo instance running version 5.9.7

Go to:

• All Deployment Projects
  • Select a project
  • Edit project
  • From the screen with 'add environment' / Edit build plan, etc click the '...' and delete project.
0 votes
Dave Todaro January 6, 2016

We have the same problem. Are there any plans to resolve this issue? We have a very cluttered list of projects that are no longer in use.

0 votes
Dennis Martynov May 24, 2015

I have the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks!

0 votes
Lee Myring July 3, 2014

This still seems to be an issue...any updates from Atlassian?

0 votes
Scott Carpenter November 24, 2013

Do you have an update? We would like to remove onDemand projects in Bamboo as well?

Thanks.

0 votes
Jonathan Pottiez October 30, 2013

Same problem too. Is a resolution expected soon? Thank for your help.

0 votes
Daniel Geske May 20, 2013

I have the same problem with our OnDemand instance. Creating a new project in JIRA results in a project in Bamboo as well. Since few of our projects need Bamboo, I'd like to remove the other ones. But no plans were ever created for these, so there is no delete option. :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events