Remote triggers from Git, to Bamboo working - not allowed, even when in allowed list

Dwane van der Sluis February 19, 2016

We are have having trouble getting remote triggers from Git, to Bamboo working.

The message LOGGED IS:

2016-02-19 04:42:21,952 INFO [http-bio-8085-exec-287] [TriggerRemoteBuild] Build request for plan "PLAYGROUND - Deploy using Curl To Strategic BAMS Artifactory (runs but artifact does not appear)" originated from unknown,10.52.132.2 which is not an allowed address (one of[, 10.52.132.2]).

Bamboo version is 5.9.4 build 5919 - 15 Aug 15

This is of course odd, as the IP address is in the list of allowed addresses. Can I get this exact version of source code of this class and surounding classes? Or could someone suggest other methods of resolving this.

many thanks

Dwane

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2016

It seems to me that your request comes from through a proxy with "unknown" origin. Since "unknown" is not host trusted by Bamboo, it will not let the request go through.

If you use proxy for remote triggers both proxy and origin server's IP must be allowed in Bamboo.

bogdancraciun July 19, 2018

We have this issue too, but we don't use a proxy. What else can I try ?

0 votes
Dwane van der Sluis July 27, 2016

Some more digging gave us the following cause and solution

There was a squid proxy between github and bamboo who's x-forwarded settings were changing the headers in the request to:

X-forwarded-for [unknown]

This proxy could not be changed, so a NEW squid reverse proxy (just for github webhooks) was installed on the bamboo server, which could override this setting, and then the webhooks were successfully

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events