Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurrent Bamboo Hanging with 504s ... how to debug?

Jonathan Epstein
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 15, 2019

Hi,

We're running Bamboo version 6.9.2 build 60911.

Our users hitting our Bamboo server are encountering HTTP 504 errors more frequently than they used to.

In the past, this has often been accompanied by a heavy load average or full disks, but this is not currently the case.

Furthermore we expected that the logs such as /var/atlassian/bamboo-data/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log might be grinding to a halt during these 504 periods, but in practice they are not, i.e. new data continues to appear in those logs.   So this indicates that the Bamboo daemon and/or its Tomcat server are continuing to run, in some fashion.   To date we haven't identified any useful hints in those logs.

At present our only workaround is to manually stop and start the Bamboo daemon.

But we'd like to debug this problem properly.   Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hi @Jonathan Epstein

Thank you for opening a ticket with our support channel to investigate this one. This type of issue requires a fine troubleshooting that usually requires an instance configuration review. This can only be performed with your instance Support Zip which carries private data and for the same reason could not be achieved through a public thread.

I hope the problem is easily solved there and the source of the issue can be transferred to this thread allowing other users to take advantage of your findings.

Brian Garcia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2022

e a resposta? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events