It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Recommended Bamboo installation directory

Nathan England Sep 15, 2013

Hello, I'm relatively new to Linux and want to install Bamboo on RHEL 6. I've been following the installation guide for Bamboo, and it mentions a home directory and an install directory, but I am curious, what is the best place to extract/install Bamboo on a Linux machine?

Any recommendations?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan Oct 08, 2013

You can go with Atlassian's conventions:

/opt/atlassian/bamboo for the install and /var/atlassian/application-data/bamboo for the home directory.

0 votes

Greetings Nathan,

Where you will extract bamboo is of your choice. It doesn't need be in a specific place. However, your Bamboo Home Directory cannot be the same as the Bamboo Installation Directory. Just as a tip I have my bamboo installation directory in /home/henrique/atlassian/bamboo_inst and Bamboo Home Directory is in /opt/atlassian/bamboo_home.

Just avoid having a directory name with a space on it.

Regards,

Peter Boughton Jan 17, 2015

> Just avoid having a directory name with a space on it. Why?

Eric Hickman Jun 13, 2018

Having spaces in directory names can cause issues with scripts. Some of the difficulties are listed here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/101587/how-do-i-enter-a-file-or-directory-with-special-characters-in-its-name

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Demo Den Ep. 5: Meet Jira Mobile

See how to use Jira on the go! Demo Den Episode 5 is here: meet Jira Mobile with  Jira  Product Manager Rayen Magpantay.  Demo Den is in our monthly series where a Jira PM demonstrates...

305 views 1 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you