Recommended Bamboo installation directory

Nathan England September 15, 2013

Hello, I'm relatively new to Linux and want to install Bamboo on RHEL 6. I've been following the installation guide for Bamboo, and it mentions a home directory and an install directory, but I am curious, what is the best place to extract/install Bamboo on a Linux machine?

Any recommendations?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

You can go with Atlassian's conventions:

/opt/atlassian/bamboo for the install and /var/atlassian/application-data/bamboo for the home directory.

0 votes
HenriqueA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Greetings Nathan,

Where you will extract bamboo is of your choice. It doesn't need be in a specific place. However, your Bamboo Home Directory cannot be the same as the Bamboo Installation Directory. Just as a tip I have my bamboo installation directory in /home/henrique/atlassian/bamboo_inst and Bamboo Home Directory is in /opt/atlassian/bamboo_home.

Just avoid having a directory name with a space on it.

Regards,

Peter Boughton January 17, 2015

> Just avoid having a directory name with a space on it. Why?

EricHickman June 13, 2018

Having spaces in directory names can cause issues with scripts. Some of the difficulties are listed here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/101587/how-do-i-enter-a-file-or-directory-with-special-characters-in-its-name

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events