Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow operation, Windows 10, MSSQL

Chris Bradshaw October 27, 2020

My new install of Bamboo on a fresh Windows PC is running really slowly. Each page takes 20-30 seconds to be served. I can configure a plan eventually, and it runs correctly. I currently cant use Bamboo like this.

I installed a trial of Bamboo on my laptop using MySql and this performs as usual (2-3 seconds per page I'm used to).

I'm running a pilot in the company so only have the starter license for now, so cant raise a support ticket.

I have Bamboo 7.1.2 build 70119 running on Windows 10 Enterprise (Xeon @ 3.7GHz, 28GB RAM, SSD) connected to remote MSSQL database (checking its performance, no concerns shown there). Also Java JDK 8.

Any suggestions on what aspects to log to try to capture the cause of the issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Bradshaw November 12, 2020

So my issue was that the database server is quite a long way away from the host running Bamboo.

Doing a ping to the DB server gave me a steady 100ms.

Hosting the database physically closer made the page response time "normal", i.e. 2-3 seconds.

I'm presuming there is a sensible limit to the time/distance between the application and the database that should be communicated somewhere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events