Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put the build number into file.

Rodion Alukhanov September 17, 2021

I want to create "revision.txt" file with a build version in the root of my web application. Something like this:

{code}

echo -e "Build: ${bamboo.planRepository.branch}_${bamboo.buildNumber}\nBuild-Time: ${bamboo.buildTimeStamp}\n" >> target/release.txt

{code}

I tried to redirect the output of echo using

{code}

>> target/release.txt

{code}

but it doesn't work. Bamboo just prints ">> target/release.txt" to console.

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Vani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2021

Hi Rodion,

May I know more details on this issue, e.g., in which environment  Bamboo is running, screenshot or details on how the task was created?

I did a quick test on the command you have given. Would you mind checking the below sample?

image-20210917-191946.png

Build logs.

simple 18-Sep-2021 05:20:13 Finished task 'output release' with result: Success00

And the file was created in the target directory.

> cat /opt/Bamboo_7_db/bamboo_7_home/local-working-dir/BAM-TES-JOB1/target/release.txt 2
Build: master_50 3
Build-Time: 2021-09-18T05:13:16.064+10:00    

For creating task refer: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/script-289277046.html 

Rodion Alukhanov September 22, 2021

Thank you for a hint. My mistake was, that I created the task as a Command Task and not as a Script Task. I converted it to a script and it works smoothly.

Like # people like this
Vani
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2021

Hi Rodion,

Happy to hear it worked.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events