Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushed code that triggers the build but PlanSpec nothing happens Bamboo Spec Plan

Hi,

I´ve setup a project to work with Bambo specs (6.3.1) but when pushing the code the plan does not reflect the changes i did on the code. What i did:

I have followed all the steps in the tutorials, so i double checked and everything seems apparently ok. My integration is between Bamboo and Bitbucket so it should be event smoother 

1- Created a linked repository with all the configs as they should be.

2 - I have a branch and a plan that point to this repository.

3 - Pushed code to PlanSpec.java ( e.g. changed the plan description and nothing happens).

Thanks in advance,

Tiago Domingues

1 answer

1 vote
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2018

Hi Tiago,

I have some questions that may help you troubleshoot this:

• Are you sure that the repository has access to the project you're trying to edit/add plans?
  • Are you respecting the default specs project folder structure (repo.git/bamboo-specs/)?
  • Are you sure you have Maven 3.2 (or higher) installed on the Bamboo server machine?
  • Could you please double check if the "Process Bamboo Specs in Docker" option is enabled in Cog icon>Overview>Security Settings, if yes, do you have Docker installed on the Bamboo server machine?
  • Could you please look for the [RepositoryStoredSpecsServiceImpl] class in Bamboo logs (bamboo-home/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log) and see if there are any error messages there?

Let us know if the questions helped you.

thanks

Tiago Domingues August 8, 2018

@Gabriel Ribeiro thanks for the great reply. The configs were all good but i was not respecting the default structure for the project. I thought we could integrate it with my existing pom from our main project. Is there a way to override this or we should use separation of concerns ?

Thanks,

Tiago

Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2018

Hi Tiago,

I'm afraid that it will not be possible for now. It's a requirement to have the specs project (including the pom.xml file) in the bamboo-specs directory, under the repository root, Bamboo need this "separation of concerns" to distinguish specs project from other projects that you may have in the same repo.

thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events