Proper regexp needed for include/exclude file repository advanced option

I have been unable to craft a regular expression for the include/exclude file feature.

I have a single Stash source code repository.  In that repository I have top-level directories named dev/ and qa/.

I have two bamboo plans. I want one to launch when there are changes to .json files in the dev/ directory, and the other should be launched when there are changes in the qa/ directory.

I set the include/exclude option to 'include...'

I expect the following regular expression should work.

^.*dev/.*\.json

But it doesn't work.  Even if no .json files are changed by a commit in the dev/ directory, the bamboo plan is still launched.  I have tried many, many, many variations of this pattern, like backslashing the forward slash, omitting the leading .*, omitting the \. completely, etc., etc., .... But nothing seems to work.

What should the regexp be?  Am I misinterpreting how the feature works?

Bamboo is Atlassian Bamboo version 5.11.4.1 build 51120 - 04 Jul 16

Stash version is Atlassian Stash v3.9.2

0 answers

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,564 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you