Could anyone explain the process about HOW I can use docker with my tasks?
simple example: I have a maven 3.x task to build some code, I installed maven in the bamboo server and pointed the executable in bamboo.
But HOW would I use the maven docker image to build the code without having to install maven in the bamboo server?
I am looking for the how, not for articles that explain what bamboo and docker are.
This is the solution:
- set up a build plan and under "Default Job" on tab "Docker" and there I added maven:3.6.1-ibmjava-8-alpine as "Docker image", left everything else as is and pressed the "Save" button.
- added "Maven_Docker" under Overview >> Executables setting path /usr/share/maven which determines the Maven 3.x path inside the above mentioned Docker container
- First Bamboo task of this build plan needs to be a Source Code Checkout task of a Java project that shall be utilized for a Maven build.
- As second task I added Bamboo task Maven3.x, set "Maven_Docker" as Executable on its task configuration page and "JDK 1.8" (which is set on my Bamboo instance as a Server Capability) as "Build JDK. All other settings are untouched.
- Finally I run this build plan and it started loading the Docker container, built the Java project utilizing the Docker container's Maven 3.x executable and finished with success.
We’re preparing for Bamboo 8.0, which will be our first Data Center release. To make sure our app vendors and customers with written in-house apps are prepared, we’re launching Bamboo 8.0 Early Acces...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events