You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
Could anyone explain the process about HOW I can use docker with my tasks?
simple example: I have a maven 3.x task to build some code, I installed maven in the bamboo server and pointed the executable in bamboo.
But HOW would I use the maven docker image to build the code without having to install maven in the bamboo server?
I am looking for the how, not for articles that explain what bamboo and docker are.
This is the solution:
- set up a build plan and under "Default Job" on tab "Docker" and there I added maven:3.6.1-ibmjava-8-alpine as "Docker image", left everything else as is and pressed the "Save" button.
- added "Maven_Docker" under Overview >> Executables setting path /usr/share/maven which determines the Maven 3.x path inside the above mentioned Docker container
- First Bamboo task of this build plan needs to be a Source Code Checkout task of a Java project that shall be utilized for a Maven build.
- As second task I added Bamboo task Maven3.x, set "Maven_Docker" as Executable on its task configuration page and "JDK 1.8" (which is set on my Bamboo instance as a Server Capability) as "Build JDK. All other settings are untouched.
- Finally I run this build plan and it started loading the Docker container, built the Java project utilizing the Docker container's Maven 3.x executable and finished with success.