Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process of using docker images in tasks

Rafael Ruales September 6, 2019

Hello,

Could anyone explain the process about HOW I can use docker with my tasks?

simple example: I have a maven 3.x task to build some code, I installed maven in the bamboo server and pointed the executable in bamboo. 

But HOW would I use the maven docker image to build the code without having to install maven in the bamboo server? 

I am looking for the how, not for articles that explain what bamboo and docker are.

thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Rafael Ruales September 9, 2019

This is the solution:

- set up a build plan and under "Default Job" on tab "Docker" and there I added maven:3.6.1-ibmjava-8-alpine as "Docker image", left everything else as is and pressed the "Save" button.

- added "Maven_Docker" under Overview >> Executables setting path /usr/share/maven which determines the Maven 3.x path inside the above mentioned Docker container

- First Bamboo task of this build plan needs to be a Source Code Checkout task of a Java project that shall be utilized for a Maven build.

- As second task I added Bamboo task Maven3.x, set "Maven_Docker" as Executable on its task configuration page and "JDK 1.8" (which is set on my Bamboo instance as a Server Capability) as "Build JDK. All other settings are untouched. 

- Finally I run this build plan and it started loading the Docker container, built the Java project utilizing the Docker container's Maven 3.x executable and finished with success.

0 votes
jira guy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2019

Use a docker container to run your instead of regular agent which runs on bamboo server. Make sure you docker container has maven and docker installed. 

Voila!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events