Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with auth between Jira and Bamboo

Flemming Laursen April 20, 2020

When opening Bamboo link, it redirects to the below address for reinstalling (IP/port replaced with X's):

http://xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxx/setup/setupLicense.action

When opening the Jira application links it cannot find the Bamboo server.

The problem happened over night....can it be some windows updates or are there any other way we can trouple shhot the probelm via Jira/Bamboo?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

Hey @Flemming Laursen ,

This URL denotes that your server has redirected you to the default license entry page. The license and database connection details are stored in your <bamboo-home>/bamboo.cfg.xml. It is possible that your server can no longer access your home directory and thus it is redirecting to the license page.

It is also possible that someone has modified your  <bamboo_home> path defined in the file: <bamboo_install>/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties

Cheers,
Jey

Flemming Laursen April 22, 2020

Finding out the <bamboo-home>/bamboo.cfg.xml were set back to trial license and all other settings lost somehow.....have reinstalled Bamboo again and restored from backup and now it seems to be OK. I am only now struckling with my lincense - running on a trial license even we have a purchased one.

But how this can have happende probably caused by an windows update I have no clue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events