Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with link bamboo and bitbucket

Dariusz Kryszak April 16, 2021

Hi, I have a problem with connection between bitbucket and bamboo.

I've made link application between them and from bitbucket to bamboo connection is green.

But link on the bamboo site to bitbucket shows ssl error:

The remote certificate cant at hash 39 t be trusted

Bitbucket may be using a self-signed SSL certificate or a certificate that was issued by a certificate authority that isn't known locally.

I'm using haproxy, I’ve add information about proxy to bitbucket.properties, imported certs chain to cacerts file (but it is only on the bitbucket app). I don’t know what else. Where bamboo has configuration of the tructed cas?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Hi @Dariusz Kryszak , welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you may need to import the certificate you're using for Bitbucket into the certificate trust file for Bamboo. This is going to be the default JRE keystore - assuming you're running the Java that comes bundled with Bamboo, you should be able to access the keytool at this path:

$JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool

If you're having trouble determining where the JRE's home path is, you can check the System Information page from Bamboo's administration section for a hint on the full path of the Java it's running under.

Once you've got the keytool path, you can import the public certificate for Bitbucket into Bamboo's keystore:

<JAVA_HOME>/bin/keytool -import -alias <server_name> -keystore <JAVA_HOME>/jre/lib/security/cacerts -file public.crt

After it's imported, restart Bamboo and the certificate error should be resolved.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events