Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Bamboo 4.1.2 and maven release plugin

Eric Eric December 9, 2012

I'm migrating from bamoo 2.7.3 on up to bamboo 4.1.2 but i'm having problems migrating a build plan that uses the maven release plugin.

The build plan is just running the maven release plugin. Here's what is currently working in the 2.7.3 version.

-B -Dmaven.test.skip -DuseReleaseProfile=false -DpreparationGoals="clean install" -Darguments="-Ddisable.tomcat.deploy=true -Dmaven.test.skip" release:clean release:prepare release:perform

I tried copy and pasting the same into the new version but ran up against this error:

failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.3.2:prepare (default-cli) on project rpmBuilder: Failed to re-parse additional arguments for Maven invocation. unbalanced quotes in "-Ddisable.tomcat.deploy=true -Dmaven.test.skip -P default

This appears to be a problem with the maven release plugin and i downgraded back to version 2.1 but had the same problem. I then stripped out the -Darguments= section and modified the command to look like:

-B -Dmaven.test.skip -DuseReleaseProfile=false -DpreparationGoals="clean install" release:clean release:prepare release:perform

but ran against:

No goals have been specified for this build. You must specify a valid lifecycle phase or a goal in the format <plugin-prefix>:<goal> or <plugin-group-id>:<plugin-artifact-id>[:<plugin-version>]:<goal>. Available lifecycle phases are: validate, initialize, generate-sources, process-sources, generate-resources, process-resources, compile, process-classes, generate-test-sources, process-test-sources, generate-test-resources, process-test-resources, test-compile, process-test-classes, test, prepare-package, package, pre-integration-test, integration-test, post-integration-test, verify, install, deploy, pre-site, site, post-site, site-deploy, pre-clean, clean, post-clean.

I'm here because copy and pasting that command line into the command line builds maven fine.

2 answers

2 votes
Emanuel Alasu June 5, 2013

A comment on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9234 seems to indicate a possible solution.

-Darguments="-Ddisable.tomcat.deploy=true -Dmaven.test.skip"

should be

"-Darguments=-Ddisable.tomcat.deploy=true -Dmaven.test.skip"

Works for me.

0 votes
Eric Eric February 13, 2013

Did you work through this? I'm having the same problem :/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events