cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when transferring Bamboo to another server

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Hi,

I'm currently moving a bamboo instance from a server to another one.

There are many environment modifications so before the reimport, I wanted to extract the zip I retrieved from the old server, unzip it, change values in the xml files, rezip the directory and load the new zip in my new bamboo.

When I do this, I get this error while importing :

The import file could not be validated. The error is: Can't find import file for importer com.atlassian.bamboo.migration.stream.UserMapper

After some research, I think the problem is with the zip format of the file. So I tried to unzip the export, and just rezip it without any modifications with the command :

zip -r ../BambooImportFile.zip *

I have the same error that above, so I think the problem is with the zip command.

I also tried with

jar -cMf ../BambooImportFile.zip *

but I have the same issue.

I compared the content of both zip and they are stricly identical. However the sizes are not the same. The initial file size is 571833372 Bytes, and the final zip is 594347421 Bytes.

Does someone knows how to recreate a zip that can be handled by the bamboo importer?

Thanks

Stéphane

1 answer

0 votes
Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

Well, in fact the zip command works... The jar command fails

My problem is that when I run the command interactively it works (meaning that files are zipped with a relative pathname) while when I script it, files are zipped with a full pathname, which makes the importer fail.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events