Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing the file for apps

Devika Prasad June 18, 2019

My goal is to download Sonar for Bamboo, but when I click on the Free Trial Button, it says that there is a problem accessing the file Sonar for Bamboo. help download.png

When I tried to download the app and upload it myself, the page was stuck on the installing screen and did not install no matter how long I waited. 

help again.png

I then thought to update my troubleshooting and support tools, but there was a problem accessing that file as well. 

help third.png

This made me think that the problem is not with the specific Sonar app, but with my UPM.

Please help!

3 answers

0 votes
yuanliu325 December 13, 2019

Hey I just came into the same problem when I was trying to install app on my Jira server.

I looked into the log file and it simply shows that "

2019-12-13 17:29:28,199 UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-1 ERROR ericliu325 1038x576x2 1gtjouk 115.205.1.145 /rest/plugins/1.0/installed-marketplace [c.a.u.c.r.resources.install.InstallFromUriTask] Error downloading plugin from https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/apps/1218796/version/1000003763

"

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 16, 2019

Have you checked if you have any proxy restrictions to download files from the marketplace?

You could use a different strategy to work around this. Download the plugin and use the upload option to install it.

0 votes
kahn chang December 3, 2019

Manage apps - DCRA 2019-12-03 19-10-56.png

I have the same problem. After installing 8.5.1, no matter I installed the new app or upgraded the app, I have the problem of "Cannot access file xxx."I think the problem is not with the specific app.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hi @kahn chang

Have you checked the <Bamboo_Home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log file for any error references related to this?

Can you also check if the user running Bamboo at the moment has permissions to access the <Bamboo_Home>/export folder?

Deleted user June 27, 2020

hello everyone, I have the same problem and like everyone I think, I got a suggestion from Atlassian telling me to check if I have a firewall or proxy in the middle. I don't. I even remade from scratch a Linux server and installed only Jira version 8.10 and I have the same problem. At this point, it would seem to be very safe and secure as well as certain that there is a problem on the Atlassian side. 

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
June 20, 2019

Hi @Devika Prasad

Thank you for sharing the screenshots they are very helpful.

I think the next step now is to get some details from the server logs to understand what is happening behind the scenes.

Do you mind reproducting the issue, taking note of the time and checking the logs for that specific time to verify what messages the Bamboo server is logging?

The file where you can look for those messages is the <Bamboo_Home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log.

If you can share the part of the log related to this error (stripping any personal data that might be there) we will be able to investigate this better.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events