Private bitbucket repo push should trigger Bamboo build

Viktor Nagy March 24, 2014

I've set up a Bamboo hook on my private Bitbucket repo. But, no matter my pushes to bitbucket, it never triggers a build.

What settings should I change and how?

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Viktor Nagy April 2, 2014

I've managed to get this working, just the Bitbucket IP addresses I've found were wrong. The correct IP addresses to allow the trigger are

(these come from an Atlassian Support answer, and they work fine now)

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2014

For others finding this request, these IP addresses are noted in our documentation. We keep it up to date when IPs change.

0 votes
Sam Kenny June 2, 2014

I am seeing a similar problem. Bitbucket is not triggering builds in Bamboo on push. If Bamboo polls Bitbucket it works fine. I entered the IP addresses above (and 131.103.20.168) but still no joy.

I will raise this with support but wanted to post here in case other people experienced the same problem.

0 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2014

For Bamboo hook issues, please come to support and report the specific details so we can look. Once we know the issue, we'll update this post with the correct answer.

0 votes
Kevin Gorham April 2, 2014

We're seeing the same problem. We have the hosted version of Bamboo and I've set up a Bamboo hook in my bitbucket repo, following all the steps in the documentation and it is not working. My username/pass/url/planKey are all correct.

However, when I create a POST hook configured to post to a URL with the following format, it works and I see builds triggered after commits:

https://[hostedAccountName].atlassian.net/builds/updateAndBuild.action?buildKey=[planKey]

Of course, this doesn't allow me to use any of the "advanced trigger options." Also, when I setup a Jenkins hook, it works just fine. You would think that hooks for bamboo would work seamlessly.

Is there at least some way to test Bamboo hooks on Hosted instances? If I could just see the logs for the attempted hook, I could probably fix the problem.

0 votes
Thaddeus Batt March 25, 2014

There's a bug report logged re. the Jenkins hooks here: https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issue/9196/jenkins-hooks-not-working

0 votes
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2014

EDIT: We've found an issue with the Jenkins broker and are deploying a fix now. For other issues, please come to support as each Hook works differently.

Previous reply: We haven't made any changes to our Hooks nor have we had any specific reports other than this particular post. Please come to support with the specific details and we'll give you both a hand.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2014

The Jenkins hook has been fixed.

0 votes
Thaddeus Batt March 25, 2014

We are seeeing the same problem with Jenkins hooks. We have several projects in bitbucket with jenkins hooks in place that have been working for months and recently builds are no longer being triggered by commits.

0 votes
Viktor Nagy March 24, 2014

A small note. The affected bitbucket branches are set up under Bamboo, and I can build them fine with a daily build "trigger" or manually, just not automatically after a git push.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events