Powershell upgrade

Hi all,

How does Bamboo finds powershell to run the scripts?

I have Bamboo running on Windows 2008 R2, which comes with powershell version 2. I can run powershell scripts with the script task without any problem.

I have to update raygun.io so I need powershell version 3, which I installed with https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34595

The install seems successful, the machine runs now with powershell version 3, however Bamboo is just unable to run any powershell script from the script task. The exception that I see in the logs is

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "powershell" (in directory "D:\Atlassian\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\FSB-TR-JOB1"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

powershell is in the system path, so I'd think it shouldn't be hard to actually run those powershell scripts.

Does anyone know the configuration such that Bamboo can execute powershell scripts again?

thanks

Fred

1 answer

1 accepted

So the answer is that the windows update updates the system path after the bamboo server starts after reboot, But once the bamboo service is restarted, bamboo picks up the new path and finds the new powershell

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,815 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you