It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Plugin functionality differs on remote agents Edited

Topher Cullen May 26, 2017

I recently upgraded from bamboo 5.9 to 6.0 and ran into a strange problem with one of the (outdated) plugins.

Here is the plugin in question:

Here is the stack trace:

After much tinkering this is what I found:

- This only fails on remote agents (windows and linux). Local agents, the plugin works fine.

- Prior to the upgrade, the plugin had a similar, but funcational result. getNameForSentence() function on a TriggerReason object would return 'null' as a string, but not a null pointer. 

- getNameForSentence() function on a TriggerReason object returns a null pointer (obvious from the stack strace). However, getName() and getKey() work just fine

 - getNameForSentence() returns a string along the lines of "was <trigger type or reason> by <user name>".  

Given I can't see the source (that I know of), I don't know what other information/attributes/methods getNameForSentence() is trying to use, and failing just on the remote agents. If I had to guess, based on the result string, the user that triggered the event is unavailable to the remote agent.

1 answer

0 votes
Steffen Opel [Utoolity] Community Leader May 26, 2017 • edited

I recommend to report this issue in the add-on's public issue tracker at Bamboo New Relic Plugin - the add-on's author David Ehringer used to be fairly diligent in keeping his high quality add-ons up to date, but for a new release with breaking changes it can take a couple of weeks of course.

As for looking at the source, you already linked yourself, and the Bamboo source code is available for customers with an active maintenance status, see Do I get access to the source code? - you can download the source from the Licenses section on the page.

Topher Cullen May 26, 2017 • edited

Steffen, there hasn't been a relase of this plugin in over a year. The issues tracker hasn't had any thing for several years. I've requested several times to have an update to this plugin over the last year. 


My issue, however, is not with the plugin maintainer, but with remote plugin's functionality being different. The information I provided is because I *already* have the plugin source. What I don't have is bamboo's source, which is where the problem lies.

Steffen Opel [Utoolity] Community Leader May 26, 2017

I see, sorry to hear, and I've indeed misread the source code issue - I've updated my answer regarding access to the Bamboo source code.

Topher Cullen May 26, 2017

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

Handling Opsgenie Alerts

Hi everyone, welcome to the kb articles for Opsgenie FAQs. I'm one of the Technical Support Engineers for Opsgenie who will be providing weekly posts on FAQs from customers.   All alerts are ...

68 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you