Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan to run other plans with customised build

Junia Porto September 19, 2018

Hello,

I have several plans, each one run manually as "customised build", where we can select which stages we are going to run.

I need to create another plan, that will run all these plans with an specific stage (this must be a parameter, chosen by the user during a manual run).

This plugin was recommended in a thread, however I didn't find a way to pass a specific stage.

Is there a way to achieve this with Bamboo?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2018

Hi @Junia Porto,

Thank you for your inquire.

I need to create another plan, that will run all these plans with an specific stage (this must be a parameter, chosen by the user during a manual run).

Based on the description provided, this is not a straightforward thing to accomplish, and the reason for that relates to ...with an specific stage...

Lets say you have PROJ-PLAN with the following configuration:

• Default Stage
  • Stage Two (Manual)
  • Stage Three (Manual)
  • Stage Four

When you select Run customized... by selecting Stage Three, this will automatically select Stage Two to be executed, and this behavior will be the same when making use of Bamboo REST API.

(POST /queue/{projectKey}-{buildKey}?stage&executeAllStages&customRevision):

With the above said, lets say you created a PROJ-TRIGGER that will be used to trigger PROJ-PLAN. Then, you should add an Script task on PROJ-TRIGGER with:

curl -k -u BAMBOO_USERNAME:BAMBOO_PASSWORD \
     -H "X-Atlassian-Token: no-check" \
     -d "bamboo.variableKey=variableValue" \
     -X POST "http://localhost:8085/rest/api/latest/queue/PROJ-PLAN?executeAllStages=false&stage=Stage+Two"

In the example above, you would have:

• cURL command triggering a new build in PROJ-PLAN
  • custom variable passed (bamboo.variableKey=variableValue)
  • not all stages will be triggered (executeAllStages=false)
  • stage to be triggered (stage=Stage+Two), you could replace Stage+Two with a Bamboo Variable automating the Stage to be triggered, instead of hard-coded.

Hope the above finds you well.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Junia Porto September 21, 2018

Thank  you, we are going to test this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events