Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan do not execute any task in the job(s)

Chandra Khandavalli May 24, 2018

I created a simple Plan without any repositories and created a job and task. Task is a simple shell script. However, Bamboo (version 6.3.2) is not able to execute the task and fails with a message "# <build number> did not start" and in the error log section the message is "Build was not queued due to error"

Bamboo Error Viewer - Atlassian Bamboo

com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.queue.BuildPreQueuedActionFailureException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.build.queue.BuildQueueManagerImpl.fireCustomPreBuildQueuedActions(BuildQueueManagerImpl

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2018

Try to disable plugin from Zephyr, it should start working

Chandra Khandavalli May 25, 2018

You nailed it down correctly, thanks a lot!!

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

HI @Chandra Khandavalli,

Can you attach the screenshot of the configuration what you have configured in Job and which task you have added to it.

If possible please share some logs.

err-conf-1.pngerror-1.pngjob-conf-1.pngjob-conf-2.pngjob-conf-3.pngtask-conf-1.png

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2018

Thanks for the sharing.

What executable is using for building this task?

I am new user to the Bamboo. I did not associate or link any executable to the job/task. I simply created a plan with task type script with inline script. The script simply echoes text to a file. When I run the plan, I receive "Build was not queued due to error".

Is it necessary to associate this task to an executable? and how can it be done?

Our Bamboo is installed on Redhat Linux 6.9

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2018

I don't think so here Environment is  an issue, Below are some of the questions related to Script task have look at them may be they will you to resolve this.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/Making-a-Bamboo-Script-execute-using-bin-bash/qaq-p/205364

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/Script-task-in-Bamboo/qaq-p/79998

Thanks for the support; unfortunately those two links are not related to my specific case.

In my case, I think bamboo is not able to initiate and/or start the task.  It is failing before it can start the task and immaterial of what task I add I get the same error "Build was not queued due to error"

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2018

Actually I was working on bamboo from last two yrs but I haven't get this error so unfortunately I'm unable to help you on this... anyway you can contact to atlassian support they will definately provide you the solution.

No problem, thanks either way, I will work with support team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events