Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Branches Build Not Always Triggered On Relative BitBucket's Repository Change

Nikolaos Rafail Papadakis October 10, 2019

Hello,

We have multiple Bamboo build plans with the same configuration both in Bamboo and in their relative BitBucket's repo, but we have observed that for some of them the build for their plan branches (default and non-default ones is not automatically triggered when code changes hit the relative repo's branch, despite having set up the needed trigger ("Bitbucket Server repository triggered") in the build plan for all of them.

We cannot identify why this keeps happening, since as already mentioned, configuration is the same for all these build plans (coming from bamboo specs project).

This causes significant problems, since we expect plan branches to auto build on BitBucket's branch's change and produce new artifacts with the expected updated content, and if this not happens we end up with outdated/wrong content being produced without being able to easily identify it, unless they are deployed (too late and too bad to happen).

Any ideas about why this keeps happening and what may be the root cause of this case?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Hi @Nikolaos Rafail Papadakis

Given the type of problem you are experiencing, we need private data to investigate it further. I opened a support ticket on your behalf to allow this investigation. You should be receiving an email from our support channel about this ticket soon.

Once the investigation is finished, please take some minutes to share what were your findings here. This will help other users that may lend on this thread.

Thank you!

Nikolaos Rafail Papadakis October 14, 2019

I've updated the support ticket as requested and I'm now waiting for any feedback.

When we reach any conclusion/solution, I'll update this thread accordingly.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

Thank you very much! =]

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2019

Hi @Nikolaos Rafail Papadakis

Your prior message was somehow categorized as spam. It happened probably because the same message was posted in two different threads. I've cleaned all the attempts you did from our spam queue so it does not try to filter your next comments out =]

Message to foreign users 
If you are trying to find a conclusion for this thread, please check this other thread where Nikolaos shared his findings:

Nikolaos Rafail Papadakis October 18, 2019

@Daniel Santos I've just added a similar comment, almost at the same time as yours. :)

Kind Regards,

Nick

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2019

If you don't mind I can remove that one. =]

Nikolaos Rafail Papadakis October 21, 2019

Hello,

Yes, you can remove it if you want, no problem from my side.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
October 21, 2019

Done! =]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events