Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing or failing a build depending on a string in a log

Timothy Thong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 18, 2015

Hi,

I have to run unit tests using a function that will print all the test results to a telnet log. I need to be able to search through this telnet log, and depending on whether I see a SUCCESS or FAILED string in this log, I need to be able to make Bamboo pass or fail the build. I am currently using Linux script to achieve this. Is there some kind of parameter that I can pass through the script that will pass/fail the build?

I have also been reading the documentation where it says that you can read logs.

From documentation:

We've added infrastructure for analysing build logs on the fly. For documentation, see LogInterceptor.  You can add these interceptors to the LogInterceptorStack in the BuildLogger. For examples of usage, see com.atlassian.bamboo.build.logger.interceptors.StringMatchingInterceptor and com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.ant.task.AntBuildTask .

If I get my telnet log to print into the build log, would I be able to use this functionality? If yes, how would you do so?

Thanks

1 answer

2 votes
rverschoor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2015

If you already have a Linux script that analyzes the log, all you need to do is set the exitcode of the script to indicate to Bamboo if it's a success or fail.

If the script returns 0 (zero), the build continues with any further steps.
If the script returns anything non-zero, the build stops and fails. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events