Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members
Community Events
Community Groups

Not pulling Storage folder from git to artifact

So, I have 6.6 installed, and I'm working with a Laravel 5.6 repo from Github. The problem I'm having is that Laravel has a 'storage' folder in root with sub folders, and Bamboo is not grabbing that folder and putting it into my artifacts. 

I have confirmed this folder is not in gitignore, and it pulls fine when I do a git pull locally. It's only not pulling inside bamboo to artifacts.

Has anyone experienced this or know how to solve it? This is a fresh install of 6.6. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Jeff,

I did some tests here and I was able to reproduce the same behavior, happens that the /storage folder (and its subfolders) from Loravel framework is empty by default and Bamboo is not capable of publishing empty folder structures as artifacts (see BAM-14358 for details).

As a workaround, you can archive the whole project (using a script task right after the source code checkout) and publish as artifact only the resultant compressed file (which can be uncompressed during the deployment phase).

Let us know if this is a feasible solution for you.


Just an addendum,

This is the specs code of my test plan:

 public Plan plan() {
final Plan plan = new Plan(new Project()
.oid(new BambooOid("y0p9kjlynugx"))
.key(new BambooKey("PROJ"))
new BambooKey("LAR"))
.oid(new BambooOid("p1pdfs7r7aip"))
.pluginConfigurations(new ConcurrentBuilds()
.stages(new Stage("Default Stage")
.jobs(new Job("Default Job",
new BambooKey("JOB1"))
.artifacts(new Artifact()
.tasks(new VcsCheckoutTask()
.description("Checkout Default Repository")
.checkoutItems(new CheckoutItem().defaultRepository()),
new ScriptTask()
.description("Compress project")
.inlineBody("tar -zcvf laravel.tar.gz ./*"))))

.triggers(new RepositoryPollingTrigger())
.planBranchManagement(new PlanBranchManagement()
.delete(new BranchCleanup())
return plan;

 It's working like a charm ;)

I'll take a look at doing this. Is this a change? I'm upgrading from a Bamboo 5.13 server to 6.6 and the 5.13 server did not experience this issue. 

Hi Jeff,

Apparently yes. I didn't perform this same test in old versions but, according to the bug report, this was working on versions below 5.14.1.

Please let us know if the proposed workaround worked for you.

That seemed to work. I archived on the build, unarchived on the deploy and things seem to be working. 

Thanks for the help! That bug really needs to be fixed!

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo Data Center on Kubernetes

Hi, If you are running self-managed environments and looking to adopt modern infrastructure, Bamboo Data Center can now be deployed in a Kubernetes cluster. By leveraging Kubernetes, you can easily...

952 views 3 8
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you