Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No good recent tutorial for new versions of Bamboo?

louwho March 23, 2020

There are tutorials and videos out there, but I cannot find one that is working with the latest versions  (6\7), of Bamboo.  I have tried to do a Windows installation, started fresh a few times on a clean win 10 VM, no success yet, getting fustrated.  You have to look too many places to try to find out what to use.  V7 required Tomcat (any version?), and previous versions did not?  Where exactly to get the old version of JAVA JDK 1.8 (why is Bamboo stuck on this, even OPEN has higher versions out there)?   All videos show installing to 'Program files", and then I find a link that says this could be a problem because of Windows security.  Do I want a MSI file, does it do better than non msi (for any of the requirements).  Do I want to install as a Windows Service, using Tomcat, or not?.  Does anyone do VM appliances anymore, where you can download a ready to go VM, lasts a few weeks, has the latest stuff installed, anyone could learn and play. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
louwho March 24, 2020

Can anyone give me a list of exactly what versions of Java, tomcat (anything else), that I would need, and most particularily the exact download link, for installing on Windows 10?  Thanks.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2020

Hey @louwho ,

To install Bamboo,it is sufficient to have Java 1.8 and the respective version of database installed. Tomcat is installed automatically along with Bamboo. You will need other tools according to your need to run your build (like Maven, Git, etc).

This Supported platforms page has more details on the same. If you are stuck during the installation, please feel free to reach us.

Hope that clarifies.

Cheers,
Jey 

louwho March 26, 2020

On https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/supported-platforms-289276764.html, In "Bamboo runs on a bundled Apache Tomcat", I missed the word "bundled'.  I was installing a seperate Tomcat package.  If it had said something along the lines of "Bamboo runs on Apache Tomcat...which is included in the Bamboo download", I probably would not have had this problem.

Like Jeyanthan I likes this
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2020

No problem. Glad to hear that you are all set now :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events