Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help deploying .net web project

Halil İbrahim Bekar April 16, 2018

Hi,

I've an build project. After run it, C:\Users\hr.admin\bamboo-agent-home\xml-data\build-dir\MyProject-JOB1 created. 

After these how can i deploy my project to iis server or, a specific path. Can you help for configure other steps. 

Simplify it for me. Please write values of tasks as an example. Not as general form.

Sorry for bad english :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Hi @Halil İbrahim Bekar the  firt configuration is install web deploy in your IIS server.

1. Web deploy instruccions

2. In bamboo you can use a task with powershell scripting for execute web deploy from agent.

3. You can download the artifact from build plan and use this package to deploy your app.

Cheers.

Halil İbrahim Bekar April 16, 2018

Is "install web deploy to iis server" necessary? 

What does artifact download? How to configure artifact dowload task. Can you attach some screenshot for example? 

1,2 and 3 you write ; are those selection or step ?

Thanks.

Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Yes is necessary for best practices on .net web application deployment, with this you can install, a full application, some file or some folder on your IIS web applications.

BUILD Plan

1. The artifact is the web package (*.zip) that you install in IIS server that is a task on the build plan you can use MSBUILD task on bamboo or use Shell script task on bamboo for build the web package

2. When build is ready with the web package you configure artifact on bamboo build plan 

DEPLOYMENT Project

3, On the deployment task you can download the previus artifact configured, and use then for deploy with msdeploy on IIS sever for each environment.

Like Pundarikaksha Kakkirala likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events