NUnit test result not displaying correctly in Bamboo?

I'm using Bamboo (cloud) to parse NUnit 3.0.1 test results and have encountered two oddities (possibly related) that I either don't have set up correctly or at least I'm not interpreting correctly:

1. When tests pass they show up correctly as "X tests passed" on the plan summary page, but if I go to the specific build page they are listed as "Quarantined / skipped". Is there not a way to get them to show up as "Passed"? (I don't see a "Passed" list, but having them show up next to a red exclamation point when there's nothing wrong with them is misleading.)

2. If a test begins to fail it correct shows up as a "New failure"; if it continues to fail it shows up as an "Existing failure"; but once I fix it it doesn't show up as a "Fixed" test. (It just jumps to "Skipped", as above.)

Have I set something up wrong?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 answer

Never mind: it turns out this is because Bamboo does not support the NUnit 3 results schema (yet, I hope).

I was able to get it working by specifying the format option to nunit3-console.exe:

--result=TestResults.xml;format=nunit2

Some references:

Thanks for the tip, finally they are showing as passed and not Quarantined / skipped.

Andrew Pane's comment made NUnit test result parsing work for us, thanks Andrew!
We also moved the Test parsing task to 'Final Tasks' in our job, so the results are being parsed even if there's tests failing.  

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,801 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you