Missing /home/bamboo when configuring elastic instances to use the EBS

Hi,

I am trying to setup Bamboo to use an EBS volume and I am getting a little confused.

I start an elastic instance via the Manage elastic instances in the Bamboo administration. I then SSH into the server and make some changes. I can then run a plan and get a successful build from Bamboo. Yay!

I then swap over to the AWS console in the web browser and create an image of the instance. This creates me an AMI and 2 snapshots of the volumes. However, and this is the bit where I get stuck, when I update my image configuration to use the new AMI and snapshot any changes in the /home/bamboo folder have been lost when I start up a new instance. I tried both snapshots and no luck. Shouldn't the snapshot include everything on the volume?

Can someone explain to me what I am doing wrong here please? I thought that a snapshot would include what was on the volume. I am no Ubuntu admin so I think I am missing something about the way the folders relate to the volumes somehow?

Thanks

Eban

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Rosa Atlassian Team Apr 29, 2015

Eban, according to the Configuring elastic instances to use the EBS documentation, if you want your files to be included in the snapshot, you must upload them to the /mnt/bamboo-ebs folder (or its subfolders). This way they'll be available to the elastic instances that use the EBS volume. I'd recommend that you read Populating your EBS volume for guidelines on how to populate your EBS volume effectively. Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,067 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot