Maven dependency Processor can't find parent project.

Jonathon Roberts October 22, 2012

Hello,

We've recently been getting a problem with the Maven Dependency Processor failing to find the the parent pom build project and then failing our build. The actual maven build builds ok.

I've got a maven module projects setup to build the modules independently and a parent project which just publishes a pom (with -N). We've been using automatic dependency management. I recently renamed the pom versions from a "1.0.0-SNAPSHOT" to just a "trunk-SNAPSHOT" convention. Ever since, the bamboo dependency processor errors out with this:

Automatic Maven plan dependencies processing failed: Cannot find parent: com.company.integration:integration-parent for project: null:application-manager-parent:pom:null for project null:application-manager-parent:pom:null

Any tips on how the processor actually links the maven poms to the bamboo builds?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ArmenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the question. Are you using Maven 3? My suspition is that you are stumbling on this bug, which is fixed in Bamboo 4.3. By the way, Bamboo 4.3 will be released next week.

If you are using Maven 2, and the dependency processor still fails for you, please open a ticket on https://support.atlassian.com and provide your build logs, Bamboo server logs and screenshots of your Bamboo task configurations.

Cheers,
Armen

Jonathon Roberts October 23, 2012

Thanks, this was starting to drive me nuts. For now I've disabled the automatic dependency tracking. I'll see if the update works out.

Patrick Aikens April 3, 2013

I'm still running into this in Bamboo 4.4.4, so it certainly wasn't fixed in 4.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events