Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maven Build - No Test found

Ray Lee July 1, 2019

Hello,

Our java project uses maven to build and the project uses JUnit to let maven to run internal unit tests automatically. However, for every build process, the total test in each build is shown as zero. But in the log file, we see every build action triggers a set of unit tests and logs are shown to unit test results.

Would you advise where we need to configure such that Bamboo build can detect how many tests are included in a build process ?

Thanks,
Raymond

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2019

Hi @Ray Lee

Bamboo identifies the number/details of tests from test results. This is not an automatic task. Actually, you need to create a task to parse the results considering their file name, location, and format.

These are the parsing tasks you will find by default e.g. Bamboo 6.8.x:

The first one in the list is the one you need to configure to parse the test results your build is generating. Once that task is added and correctly configured you should be able to see the tests passing and failing for each build.

Please let me know if you face any issues with this.

Ray Lee July 4, 2019

Thanks Daniel.

May I know if JUnit test parser available for Bamboo version earlier than 4.x ? 

Thanks,

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2019

I was able to find reports for issues related to JUnit parsing for really old versions of Bamboo (before 4.x). While I cannot tell you precisely how the parser task was implemented in that time neither how the UI of it looked like (we are talking about a version of Bamboo released 7 years ago), I can tell that some resource was available.

I hope that is helpful.

Ray Lee July 5, 2019

thanks for your reply

Sincerely,

Raymond

Like Daniel Santos likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events