Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making task success optional

kridan September 25, 2015

Hi there,

We have been using Bamboo for a few years, and one thing that often fails our build is a problem attaching to our SAN to copy the nightly build to an archive area we have.

While the build works fine, the last step is the copy to the archive, and when it fails, the entire plan fails (as designed of course).

My question is, is there a way to mark the success of a task or stage as "optional".  i.e. if the build worked but the copy to the archive area fails I still want it to pass.

Or should I really be looking at splitting this into two separate plans, in which case I could have notification ON on the build, but OFF on the "archive task".  If that's the case, how can I chain one plan to run after the other?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
kridan September 25, 2015

Thank you Nirmal.  I'll give that a try.  I think we're just packing too much into the individual plan and should use the dependencies more as you suggest.

1 vote
Nirmal Shankar September 25, 2015

Easiest way is probably split them into say build and copy plans. In the dependency tab you can mark the "copy" plan as a child build. That was on every succesful build it triggers the copy plan. That way even if the copy fails the build plan would show as a success.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events