Did you mean: 

Lots of Tests, VSTest.Console, and trx Result File Parsing

Christian Jones March 8, 2018

Goals:

1. Not specify tests through checked in code
  2. Use VSTest.Console
  3. Execute all tests in a single result file
  4. Have Bamboo read results

I have 1-3 working using a powershell script I wrote.  I search for dll's named with a specific pattern, such as *Tests.dll.  I pass this array into the execution of VSTest.Console, and I get a single trx file in folder named TestResults which VSTest.Console creates.

Problem 1, I can't specify the name of the trx file.  I believe this can be done with a settings file, but I'm trying to have all the configuration in Bamboo so that changes don't require me branching and doing pull requests, etc.  

So I'm attempting to fix this by renaming the file to result.trx and setting up a MSTest Parser. Problem is, it never finds the file.  

In the MSTest Parser task, I've specified the "MSTest Test Results File/Directory" value as result.trx and TestResult\result.trx and ${bamboo.build.working.directory}\TestResults\result.trx. Unfortunately, none of it works.  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

FYI, I got this working by copying the result.trx file to the root bamboo build folder and removing all pathing information from the MSTest Parser task.

0 votes

The error I get from the MSTest Parser task is; Could not find test result reports in the C:\Bamboo\Agent-3\xml-data\build-dir\DEV-MAS-DEV directory.

Piotr Maroszka September 14, 2018

I have the same error

14-wrz-2018 13:40:18Parsing test results under C:\TME\bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\SSMU2-SSPPGM-JOB1...
14-wrz-2018 13:40:18

Failing task since test cases were expected but none were found.

there is any solution

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events