Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Repositories Reporting Failed to load data from Bitbucket. 401 Unauthorized

Kylie Thomas March 28, 2022

Hi,

We use Bamboo to manage our software deployments and have a number of projects set up. All but one are configured using Linked Repositories and the same saved credentials using RSA keys. These all work perfectly, however it's not possible to change the details on the linked repositories as Bitbucket always gives 401 Unauthorized even though the credentials are correct and the deployments work perfectly.

The part that has me stuck, is there is one project with it's Linked Repository set up to use username and password authentication rather than RSA keys. All I should need to do is change it from Username and Password authentication to SSH Private key and select the saved key. The system will not allow this because of the aforementioned 401 unauthorized issue. I need to change it as it won't deploy anymore since Bitbucket changed the way authentication works. It's not possible to set up a new Linked repository as even giving the correct credentials Bamboo still throws that 401 Unauthorized off the password and won't allow me to select SSH private Key for the authentication.

I tried taking a copy of the database and just changing the underlying data to be correct but this breaks the system and I've reverted it.

Regards,
Nicholas Giafis

1 answer

0 votes
Anik Sengupta
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022
  • The first thing to try is to delete the linked repository which is having issues from Bamboo and then resave it, It will create a fresh SSH Key and store it on the Bitbucket server.
    Post which you can link the new repository on the plan and try to run the plan and see if you get the same error.

• If this is not solving the issue , try to install native GIT capability on the server. The authentication issue might be caused by the lack of native git capability on Bamboo server.
  •  To use native Git instead of jGit, please do the following:

# Install a Git binary on the Bamboo server and any remote agents that will need to use it.

** [Git - Installing Git|https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git]

# Define it as a Server Capability at *Bamboo Administration > Overview > Server Capabilities*

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events