Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License cost

Staffan Bäcklin September 27, 2019

I am confused with the licensing cost for 
Bamboo. One part says agents affect licens cost and Another says that number of users affect license cost.

I am working as a developer and QA Engineer at an consulktancy firm where we do all our work inhouse. Servbers, developing Machines etc are all within our office. we are about 20 -30 working with development and about 5 working with QA affaires. 

We have rather few but big customers, all in the digital Commerce. We devlope and customize plugins, clients and servers and we are applying Scrum. Everything we do starts with local development Environments which are then checked into Bitbucket and then deployed manually to a test Environment and then tested by QA engineers. Finally the work is then put into the production Environment. 

We want to automize this process so that as soon the developers check in their code to Bitbucket,, the code is compiled and packaged to jar files and put to the test servers. Automized tests of all levels are run. If all tests are passed we then bring the jar files to the production Environments manually.

We have no need to have the Bambo server anywhere else than at our own office LAN. The servers at our offices resides at a data warehous. Everything else than local files are at that cloud provider of platforms but yet Everything is within our LAN.

What could this cost? For me it looks like at most one remote agent is needed and then the license cost a year is 1.100,00 $. Am I missing something. 1.100,00 $ is a very reasonable price.

Best regards

Staffan

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hi @Staffan Bäcklin

Thank you for rasing the flag about this confusing information. I suppose you saw it on this page: https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/bamboo.

After reading your message and digging a bit I found that page with a table on section 7 which has the wrong information. I reported this internally and soon we will have someone fixing that. Bamboo does not have a limitation on the number of users. Please let me know if there is any other page where this information is confusing or wrong.

This is the main information you need to consider when deciding for a license tier:

• There is no user restriction in Bamboo. It doesn't matter the license tier.
  • The first tier (Starter License) is for really simple projects where the users/devs want to know Bamboo better and maybe use it in bigger projects later. Some details:
    • It only supports 10 jobs.
    • This license tier has only support in Community (where we don't offer an SLA).
  • The next license tier is 1 remote agent. It gives you:

Considering your description, I would say you should go with the license of 1 remote agent. Please let me know if you have more questions about this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events