Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

License Error -17 Builds available

Hello i am having a issue with bamboo currently were it wont let me build as it thinks i have hit the license limit and says i have -17 builds free

the starter license allows 10 builds and i only have 9 so i dont understand whats happening here

can someone assist, i have attached the tech support bundle as well

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your question!

The starter license has restriction with the number of jobs and not with the number of builds. One can't have more 10 jobs in his/her Bamboo.

Quoting from the official page (More info here):

With a Bamboo Starter License, you are restricted to 10 build Jobs, and 0 remote agents, but can run unlimited local agents.  A Job is a single build unit within a Plan. One or more Jobs can be organized into one or more Stages. Given a 10 Job limit, you may distribute your Jobs between up to 10 Plans - for example, one Job per Plan or all 10 Jobs within one Plan. There is no limit on the number of times a Plan is built/executed.Please note that use of the Plan Branches has a multiplicative effect on the number of jobs configured, and therefore an effect on the 10 jobs cap. For example, a plan with two jobs that is building against a total of three branches (the plan's original branch, plus two additional branches) will contribute 6 jobs toward the limit. 

Hey Robhit

Thanks for the response i do understand the limit of no more then 10 but as i stated in the original post i only have nine so i should not be seeing this messages and my builds should still continue to work ( refer to screenshot below)

image.png

Or are they now limiting you to 10 stages ? eg 1 plan has 2 build stages ?

It depends on the number of individual jobs. How many individual jobs you have in each of the plans? Count it and if it is more than 10 then we are hitting this restriction.

as mentioned in my previous comment:

Given a 10 Job limit, you may distribute your Jobs between up to 10 Plans - for example, one Job per Plan or all 10 Jobs within one Plan. 

Also, check if you have branches in your plans:

Branches has a multiplicative effect on the number of jobs configured, and therefore an effect on the 10 jobs cap. For example, a plan with two jobs that is building against a total of three branches (the plan's original branch, plus two additional branches) will contribute 6 jobs toward the limit. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

621 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you